The Papua New Guinea Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI) is an entity established by the Government to promote transparency and accountability in the revenue it receives from the extractive industries and how it spends. PNGEITI is part of a global initiative known as the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
The PNGEITI is overseen by a Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG), comprising representatives from government, civil society and the extractive industry companies. The PNGEITI National Secretariat is an administrative body responsible for the day-to-day operations and implementation of the policy decisions and directives of the MSG.
With the increase in the cope of operations, the National Secretariat is now seeking applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following vacant positions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Head of the Secretariat and National Secretariat team to coordinate the annual PNGEITI Work-plan
- Oversee the development and implementation of effective outreach and engagement and related crisis management systems and processes
- Coordinate and respond to external / internal enquiries on PNGEITI and related policies, regulations and other guidelines
- Record the discussions and decisions of the PNG EITI National Secretariat during meetings, outreaches and other engagement activities including PNGMSG meeting minutes for stakeholder review
- Facilitate all PNGEITI information sessions, training, and follow-up sessions to include needed logistical, scheduling, facilities, materials, promotion, confirmations, tracking, evaluation support or services
- Ensure effective management of information flows between the National Secretariat, PNGMSG and external stakeholders
- Draft articles, develop content and new tools for the PNGEITI website
- Manage the production of documents, publications and other communication materials
- Monitor media coverage and identify communication opportunities for promoting PNGEITI
- Support Communications Officer to manage PNGEITI’s internal communication tools, including intranet, pamphlets, brochures, newsletters, posters, etc and any required contracting relationships with IT service providers
- Develop and implement regular PNGEITI outreach programs in
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Law, Economics or other relevant related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a communications, media or related role
- Strong and proven experience with web and social media
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Tok Pisin
- Experience with design, including Adobe, Desktop Publisher and Photoshop software
- Strong communications and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of PNG’s media landscape
Location, Pay and Condition:
- These positions reports to the Head of the National Secretariat,
- These positions are based in Port Moresby, and
- Competitive salary packages will be offered based on experience and qualifications.
Written applications to be submitted with copies of recent CVs containing details of three referees and educational qualifications to:
Head of National Secretariat
PNG Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI)
PO Box 1907
Applications can be hand delivered at the counter of the Treasury Building, Waigani Drive, or submitted electronically via the links below:
|Stakeholder Engagement & Outreach Coordinator||https://forms.gle/MfwwtAFpf3MwCUAh7|
Note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
Applications close on 25 February, 2023.
Head of National Secretariat