The Papua New Guinea Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI) is an entity established by the Government to promote transparency and accountability in the revenue it receives from the extractive industries and how it spends. PNGEITI is part of a global initiative known as the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).
The PNGEITI is overseen by a Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG), comprising representatives from government, civil society and the extractive industry companies. The PNGEITI National Secretariat is an administrative body responsible for the day-to-day operations and implementation of the policy decisions and directives of the MSG.
With the increase in the cope of operations, the National Secretariat is now seeking applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill in this vacant positions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the Head of National Secretariat and the Policy Officer;
- Provide technical research and analysis of EITI Data;
- Prepare ministerial briefs, statements, press releases, talking points, presentations and updates on EITI implementation activities for the Treasurer and Chairman of PNGEITI MSG and Head of Secretariat;
- Draft NEC Information papers and policy submissions for legislative and policy changes arising from EITI annual report recommendations, reports from external consultants and the Technical Working Groups and sub-committees;
- Draft relevant sections of the PNGEITI annual reports including Minister’s foreword, MSG Statements and quality check and editorial work on the contextual part of the reports;
- Ensure closer working relation with relevant officials from EITI International Secretariat in Oslo, Norway, regional offices, other relevant international organisations and EITI implementing countries on a regular basis;
- Conduct research on topics of interest and assist EITI staff and consultants in the conduct of their duties;
- Liaise closely with mining, petroleum, oil and gas industries and relevant government institutions and agencies on issues relating to revenue and benefits streams and other broader policy and technical issues that may affect the extractive industries;
- Liaise closely with government departments and agencies , private sector industries and civil society organizations involved in the PNGEITI activities;
- Liaise and work with the Communications and Media Officer in keeping, maintaining and updating the PNGEITI data base and other electronic files;
- Regularly monitor the National Secretariat work plan and ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are implemented as planned; and
- Perform such other duties as directed by the Head of Secretariat through the MSG.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Law, Public Administration, Public Policy or a related field;
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the Public Sector, particularly hands on experience in policy formulation, public sector reforms and must understand the public service machinery, systems and processes;
- Must have some experiences in either in oil, gas or mining sector and can be able to work with both government institutions, extractive companies and civil society organisations to work through technically complex issues that may arise in the extractive industries;
- Must have advanced skills in researching and high level report writing;
- Must have superior computer skills (able to troubleshoot) and knowledgeable in programs such as excel, power point, MS word and all other MS applications;
- Must possess good English communication skills, both oral and written;
- Must be able to coordinate programs and activities with government agencies, companies, and stakeholders and have team building and problem solving skills; and
- Any other duties as required.
Location, Pay and Condition:
- These positions reports to the Head of the National Secretariat,
- These positions are based in Port Moresby, and
- Competitive salary packages will be offered based on experience and qualifications.
Written applications to be submitted with copies of recent CVs containing details of three referees and educational qualifications to:
Head of National Secretariat
PNG Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI)
PO Box 1907
Applications can be hand delivered at the counter of the Treasury Building, Waigani Drive, or submitted electronically via the links below:
|Research and Data Analysis Officer||https://forms.gle/EdB6w93Kt8CqAxm57|
Note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
Applications close on 25 February, 2023.
Head of National Secretariat