Reporting to the Director Stakeholder Engagement, the Coordinator will be responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and implementing outreach and engagement programs or events. The Coordinator will be responsible for planning and coordinating logistics and organise events and ensure smooth implementation of these activities as per the Secretariat’s work plans.
• Initiate regular bilateral consultations, liaisons and meetings with MSG members and execute these plans;
• Plan, develop, coordinate, execute implementation of effective stakeholder outreach and engagement programs and related activities;
• Work closely with staff from EITI International Secretariat office, the EITI Asia Pacific regional office, other EITI partner organizations, development partners, foreign missions and other EITI implementing countries on a regular basis on EITI activities;
• Build and maintain working relationship with relevant stakeholders including government entities, civil society organisations, industry companies, development partners and other interested bodies or individuals on a regular basis;
• Develop and implement annual PNGEITI outreach and roadshow programs in close consultation with industry companies, provincial authorities and civil society organisations in resources impact/host provinces;
• Report on the discussions, issues and recommendations made from stakeholder consultations during meetings, outreaches, conferences, forums, roadshows and other engagement activities for MSG’s information and for Secretariat’s references and records;
• Coordinate logistics and organise events/activities relevant to a project/programme; including programme materials, slides, briefings, templates and information packs, data management and references;
• Develop networks with different stakeholders such as provincial governments, local level governments, national government, civil societies and industry companies towards building a strong support for the projects where required; PNG EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES
• Work with the Director for Policy & Programs to conduct regular visits to State entities responsible for implementing NEC Directives arising from EITI reports and valuation recommendations and prepare progress updates to the MSG;
• Ensure effective management of information flows between the Secretariat, development partners, project consultants and other external stakeholders;
• Implement regular outreach and roadshow programs including press releases, interviews and other external engagements in liaison with development partners and civil society organisations and industry companies, and ensure reports are produced from these events;
• Record and report on the outcome of discussions made from stakeholder consultations during meetings, roadshows, outreaches and other engagement activities and provide recommendations for the Secretariat and MSG’s attention and action; and
• Attend to such other duties as instructed by the Director or the Executive Director.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Studies, Public Relations, Social Science or related fields;
• At least 3-5 years of work experience in public relations, marketing or related fields;
• Practical experience in liaising, networking and managing stakeholders with different interests;
• Mature and possess the charisma to present well to different levels of clients including senior company officials, government authorities and heads of corporations, and development partners;
• Strong communications and problem-solving skills; and
• Fluency in English and Tok Pidgin would be necessary.
Applications to be email to Catherine_Avaisa@treasury.gov.pg or hand delivered to the PNGEITI Office located at Waigani Treasury building level 8.
Application close on the 29th January 2024 No late application will be accepted.