Reporting to the Director for Projects & Procurement, the Coordinator will be responsible for working closely with development partners on various projects implemented by the Secretariat. Coordinator will work with the Procurement and Finance Officers in planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the projects undertaken by the Secretariat.
• Work with donors and development partners to coordinate, oversee and facilitate various projects undertaken by the Secretariat and the MSG;
• Work with the Procurement Officer to plan, establish and maintain project management processes for MSG sanctioned work. This includes development of high-quality procurement and tendering process and assessment of submissions from vendors through this process;
• Work with the Finance and Administration Officer to prepare high quality funding proposals to seek external funding from donors and development partners and corporate entities;
• Create and monitor programme budgets, ensure any finance related to the roles follows the EITI Standard and the public procurement procedures and development partners’ procurement guidelines and report to the Director on a regular basis;
• Analyse risks and opportunities associated with the projects and ensure project milestone and delivery dates are met as per the agreed project plan and delivery schedules and provide regular evaluation reports;
• Participate in project planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, reporting and programme development;
• Coordinate logistics and organisation of events/activities relevant to a project/programme; including programme materials, slides, briefings, templates and information packs, data management and references;
• Provide technical support and inputs in the implementation of EITI projects, coordinate and engage in regular consultations with development partners, MSG members and provide inputs during planning, implementation, and completion stages of the projects; PNG EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES
• Work in collaboration with the Stakeholder Engagement and Events Coordinator to develop networks with different stakeholders such as provincial governments, local level governments, national government, civil societies and industry companies towards building a strong support network for the projects where required; and
• Such other project related activities as instructed by the Director or the Executive Director.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Studies, Social Sciences or related fields;
• At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in projects and programs implementation; and
• Project design and implementation skills would be highly desirable
Applications to be email to Catherine_Avaisa@treasury.gov.pg or hand delivered to the PNGEITI Office located at Waigani Treasury building level 8.
Application close on the 29th January 2024 No late application will be accepted.