Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager Finance, Administration & Human Resources will be responsible for managing, planning and providing the technical oversight of the financial activities and general administration of the Secretariat. The Manager will ensure quality and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the Secretariat and its multi-stakeholder group, development partners, corporate bodies, and submit such reports to the Departments of Finance and Treasury as required by the Public Finances Management Act. The Manager will also plan, manage and oversee all HR and office administration matters of the Secretariat.
• Develop, plan and manage finance and budget related activities for the Secretariat;
• Ensure submissions are made to the government (Department of Treasury) in a timely manner for annual budget appropriation and other external grant funding from donors, development partners, industry companies and other technical assistance for implementation of the Secretariat’s annual and multi-year work plans;
• Oversee and maintaining records of all financial transactions and related documentations and preparing quarterly and annual financial reports consistent with government accounting procedures and external development partners and industry companies’ guidelines and requirements;
• Manage petty cash and ensure payment vouchers are raised and cash book reports and contract ledgers are correctly entered after payments have been made;
• Coordinate and ensure meetings and appointments are managed in an orderly manner and minutes of the deliberations at these meetings are taken and records maintained;
• Plan, coordinate, manage and oversee quarterly MSG meetings and ensure minutes of these meetings are prepared in a timely manner;
• Ensure all Secretariat staff files are created, managed and maintained and records of office procedures or operating manuals (e.g., timesheets, clocking system, weekly staff activities report) are kept in an orderly manner; PNG EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES
• Budget, plan, purchase and manage stocks of office stationaries and equipment in an efficient manner for stocks to be available at all times;
• Closely liaise with the Director for Media, Communications and Stakeholder Engagement to plan, purchase and maintain all merchandises and promotional materials for outreach activities, conferences, roadshows and workshops that occur through-out the year as per the work plans;
• Manage and implement Secretariat payroll and processing of staff salaries and wages, staff superannuation payments, payments of IRC salaries and wages taxes and payments of membership subscription fees to affiliated organisations in a timely manner;
• Manage and ensure payment requests or invoices are processed in a timely manner and perform such other financial transactions for local and internationally engaged consultants and suppliers;
• Manage and coordinate all official duty travels and other logistical arrangements for Secretariat staff and the MSG;
• Ensure that the Branch provides strong administrative support to the MSG, the Technical Working Groups (TWGs), the Committees or Sub-Committees, the Executive Director and Secretariat staff as and when required; and
• Any other duties as instructed by the Executive Director.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and Human Resources, Psychology or organisational development;
• 5-8 years of work experience in accounts, finance, office administration and HR Management;
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (proficiency in relevant financial software is desirable);
• Practical knowledge in principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and employee benefits, employee relations and grievances, documentations and record keeping of staff files; and
• Possess organisational skills for managing various HR related tasks, meeting deadlines, effective communication skills for effective interaction, and adaptability skills for managing change and unpredictability.
Applications to be email to Catherine_Avaisa@treasury.gov.pg or hand delivered to the PNGEITI Office located at Waigani Treasury building level 8.
Application close on the 29th January 2024 No late application will be accepted.