Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director for Projects & Procurement will be responsible for planning, coordinating, managing and overseeing the tendering and procurement process for all Secretariat projects including those funded by external development partners. The Director will also be responsible for initiating and preparing high quality internal and external funding proposals to secure funds to implement the projects and programs as per the Secretariat’s work plans.
• Ensuring effective implementation of business policies and procedures governing procurement management and control;
• Ensuring efficient allocation and utilization of resources to implement the activities and programmes of the Secretariat as approved by the MSG in the work plans;
• Overseeing the overall project procurement process – tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of portfolio of supplier contracts;
• Coordinate and facilitate the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors in a transparent manner, and promoting sound public procurement practice;
• Manage the procurement function within the Secretariat including the development and improvement of training and skills of Secretariat staff;
• Maintain up-to-date information related to procurement legislation including the PNG Public Finances Management Act and the Financial Instructions for public procurement and ensuring that procurement procedures and processes are consistent with the above Act and development partners’ procurement guidelines;
• Attend official invitations and engagements (forums, conferences, panel discussions, etc) on behalf of the Executive Director and do presentations, deliver speeches and statements on the work of PNGEITI and its MSG;
• Initiate projects, plan and manage implementation from projects inception phase to completion phase;
• Work with the Manager Finance and Administration to prepare high quality funding proposals for the Secretariat to seek external funding from development partners and corporate sponsors to implement EITI projects as approved in the annual and multi-year work plans; PNG EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES
• Undertake tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of suppliers and contractors, consistent with government public tendering process; and
• Perform such other duties as instructed by the Executive Director.Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Social Sciences or a Master’s Degree in the above fields is desirable;
• 5-10 years of work experience in tendering and procurement management, particularly in the public procurement system;
• Experience in project design and planning, management and execution;
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (proficiency in relevant procurement software is desirable);
• Some knowledge on international donor procurement processes would be an advantage;
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills; and
• Good report-writing and communications skills in both English and Tok Pidgin.
Applications to be email to Catherine_Avaisa@treasury.gov.pg or hand delivered to the PNGEITI Office located at Waigani Treasury building level 8.
Application close on the 29th January 2024 No late application will be accepted.