Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director – Media, Communications & Stakeholder Engagement will be responsible for managing and overseeing the media and communications strategy and communications plan of the Secretariat. The Director will also be responsible for strategic planning, building and maintaining strong network of stakeholders involved in EITI implementation. The Director is to develop and implement outreach and roadshow programs and engagements at the national, sub-national levels of governments, political levels, landowner groups and resources impacted or host communities.
• Manage and ensure that the PNGEITI media and communications plan and strategy are implemented smoothly;
• Establish and maintain closer working relationship with relevant officials from the EITI International Secretariat, the regional EITI offices, other international organisations, development partners and EITI implementing and supporting countries on a regular basis;
• Manage the production and distribution of documents, publications, reports and other communication materials to stakeholders and the public;
• Attend official invitations and engagements (forums, conferences, panel discussions, etc) on behalf of the Executive Director and do presentations, deliver speeches and statements on the work of PNGEITI;
• Develop and implement annual PNGEITI outreach and roadshow programs in close consultation with industry companies, provincial authorities and civil society organisations through- out the regions and in resources impact/host provinces;
• Build and maintain a working relationship with relevant stakeholders including government entities, civil society organisations, industry companies, development partners and other interested bodies or individuals on a regular basis;
• Plan, coordinate, network and establish EITI desks for extension of EITI implementation to sub-national levels of government in consultation with provincial and local level government authorities; PNG EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES
• Work with the Director for Policy & Programs to conduct regular visits to State entities responsible for implementing NEC Directives arising from EITI reports and valuation recommendations and prepare progress updates for the MSG;
• Report on the discussions, issues and recommendations made from stakeholder consultations, outreaches, conferences, forums, roadshows and other engagement activities for MSG’s information and for Secretariat’s references and records;
• Facilitate all PNGEITI media and communication information and training sessions including; preparing materials, organising promotional items, confirmation of programs, tracking activities, evaluation and support services;
• Ensure effective management of information flows between the Secretariat, development partners, project consultants and other external stakeholders;
• Develop media articles, produce contents and develop new tools for the Secretariat website to ensure the website is regularly updated/upgraded, modernised, consistent with that of the EITI International Secretariat’s website;
• Manage PNGEITI’s internal and external communication tools, including intranet, pamphlets, brochures, newsletters, posters, letterheads, business cards, etc and any required contracting relationships with IT service providers;
• Regularly upload and maintain PNGEITI products including; newsletters, reports, press releases, media statements, advertisements, articles and such other products onto the website as part of information dissemination to the public; and
• Perform such other duties as instructed by the Executive Director or the MSG.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or a Master’s Degree in the above fields is preferable;
• Minimum of 5-10 years of work experience in the communication, media, journalism and public relations or related fields;
• Experience with design, including Adobe, Desktop Publisher and Photoshop software;
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills; and
• Good report-writing and communications skills in both English and Tok Pidgin.
Applications to be email to Catherine_Avaisa@treasury.gov.pg or hand delivered to the PNGEITI Office located at Waigani Treasury building level 8.
Application close on the 29th January 2024 No late application will be accepted.