CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE PRODUCTION OF PNGEITI PROMOTIONAL VIDEO
The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) is a global standard that promotes transparency and accountability in the oil, gas and mining sectors.
EITI implementation has two core components:
- Transparency: oil, gas and mining companies disclose information about their operations, including payments to the government, and the government discloses its receipts and other relevant information on the industry. The figures are reconciled by an Independent Administrator (IA), and published annually alongside other contextual information about the extractive industries in accordance with the EITI Standard.
- Accountability: a multi-stakeholder group (MSG) with representatives from government, companies and civil society oversee the process and communicate the findings of the EITI reporting, and promote the integration of EITI into broader transparency efforts in that country.
The EITI Standard encourages the Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG) to explore innovative approaches to extend EITI implementation to increase the comprehensiveness of EITI reporting and public understanding of revenues and encourage high standards of transparency and accountability in public, government operations and in business. The requirements for implementing countries are set out in the EITI Standard.
Production of a Promotional Video
PNGEITI calls for expressions of interest from competent firms or individual consultants for the production of a promotional video on “EITI implementation in PNG.”
This promotional video will introduce the role of the EITI, highlight and contrast the impact of its implementation through the PNGEITI National Secretariat and the Multi-Stakeholder Group. It also aims to raise public awareness of the achievement and challenges of EITI implementation since its inception.
The objectives of the assignment shall be;
- Interview key persons representing the three constituents of the Multi-Stakeholder Group with special emphasis on the impact of EITI.
- To amplify the voices of the Multi-Stakeholder Group on their experiences in implementing the EITI standard,
- To understand the roles and contributions of different actors towards addressing governance challenges in the PNG extractives sector.
- Conduct interview for the Chair of PNGEITI MSG, including the Government, Industry and CSO spokes persons.
- Collect and compile cut-aways, still photos and videos;
- Present a draft production to the Communications TWG for review.
- Incorporate the comments and produce a final 10-minute video on DVD and raw footage material to PNGEITI – (16:9 aspect ratio Full HD).
- Consultant must have more than 5 years proven experience in film production.
- Extensive experience in producing development material, documentary related for organisations for both local and international target audiences.
- Excellent technical capacity, fully equipped (with resources) to ensure high quality production (full High Definition);
- Must be tax compliant; indicating Tax registration certificate or TIN;
- Experience in development communication would be an added advantage.
- In addition, if operating as a company, it will be a requirement to submit certified copies of the Certificate of incorporation as a company.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A technical proposal; letter of Interest, stating why you consider your services suitable for the assignment;
- Company profile on handling related assignment;
- Personal CVs for individual consultant highlighting qualifications and experience;
- Accurate business or personal address i.e. physical, postal, telephones and email;
- Contact details of referees from organisations for whom consultant has produced films or documentaries;
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit price including other expenses) relating to the assignment;
- Both technical and financial proposal must not exceed five pages.
The engagement will be for a period of 15 working days. Interested individuals or consultant may obtain a copy of the Terms of Reference (ToR) which provides specific details on the tasks involved by following this link to download: http://www.pngeiti.org.pg/job-type/jobs/
Applications are to be addressed to:
The Head of National Secretariat
PNG Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI)
P O Box 1907
PORT MORESBY, NCD
Applications must be sent to the following email: Francis_Diakon@treasury.gov.pg or can also be hand delivered to the Treasury Building, Waigani Drive.
All applications must be received no later than 4.30pm, 14th June 2021.
Head of National Secretariat