This vacancy has long been filled.
STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT & OUTREACH COORDINATOR
The Papua New Guinea Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI) is an independent body established by the Government to promote transparency and accountability of revenues it receives from the mining, oil and gas sectors and how it spends. PNGEITI is part of a global best practice standard known as the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) that promotes good governance in the extractive sector.
In EITI implementing countries, companies involved in extractive natural resource wealth (oil, gas and minerals) are required to report on what they pay to the governments and governments are also required to report on what they receive from these companies in a given financial year. These financial data are then reconciled by and independent administrator and are published in the annual EITI Reports for public information.
The PNGEITI operation is governed by an oversight body called the Multi-stakeholder Group (MSG) comprising of representatives from relevant government entities, civil society organizations and industry companies. The chair of the MSG is the Minister for Treasury. The PNGEITI National Secretariat is a small office responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the MSG by implementing the policy decisions and directives of the MSG. The National Secretariat is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced person to fill the position as Stakeholder Engagement & Outreach Coordinator.
Required duties and responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain networks with mainstream media and produce regular news articles on topics of interest and issues relating to the extractive sector;
- Manage production of documents, quarterly newsletters, annual activity reports and publication of such other communication and promotional materials as required;
- Monitor media coverage and identify communication opportunities for promoting PNGEITI;
- Develop public notices, pamphlets, brochures, posters, banners including media press releases and news articles on PNGEITI outreaches, roadshows, workshops, trainings, consultations, conferences, interviews and other external engagements and programs;
- Work with Head of National Secretariat and staff team to plan out regular and bilateral MSG stakeholder consultations, liaisons and meetings ,and coordinate and execute these plans;
- Plan, develop, coordinate, execute and oversee the implementation of effective stakeholder outreach and engagement programs and related activities
- Coordinate and respond to external / internal enquiries on PNGEITI and related policies, regulations and other guidelines;
- Record and report on the discussions, issues and recommendations made from stakeholder consultations during meetings, outreaches and other engagement activities for the Secretariat and MSG’s attention and action;
- Facilitate all PNGEITI information sessions, training, and follow-up sessions to include needed logistical, scheduling, facilities, materials, promotion, confirmations, tracking, evaluation support or services;
- Ensure effective management of information flows between the National Secretariat, MSG and external stakeholders including donors and development partners;
- Develop and implement annual PNGEITI outreach and roadshow programs in close consultation with industry companies, provincial authorities and civil society organisations through- out the regions and in resources impact/host provinces;
- Build and maintain a working relationship with relevant stakeholders including government entities, civil society organisations, industry companies, development partners and other interested bodies or individuals on a regular basis;
- Take a lead role in planning, coordinating, networking and implementing programs for EITI Desks for extension of EITI implementation down to sub-national levels of government in consultation with provincial and local level government authorities;
- Work closely with the Policy Officer to conduct regular visits to State entities responsible for implementing NEC Directive coming out from EITI Report Recommendations and prepare progress updates to the MSG.
- Bachelor’s Degree in , Journalism, Marketing , Economics and Business Studies, Public Relations or fields related to mining and petroleum;
- 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a communications, media, marketing or public relations related role;
- A strong practical experience liaising, working and managing different stakeholders with different interests;
- Mature and possess the charisma to present himself or herself confidently to different levels of clients including senior company officials, government authorities and heads of corporations and government departments;
- Must be familiar with the PNG the laws and regulations governing the activities in the extractive sector;
- Strong communications and problem solving skills; and
- Fluency in English and Tok Pisin.
Location, Pay and Condition of employment:
- This position reports to the Head of National Secretariat and is based in Port Moresby
- Competitive salary will be offered based on experience and qualifications
- Accommodation is not a condition of employment.
Application is to include CV, copies of certificates, academic transcripts and contact details of two referees to:
The Head of National Secretariat
PNG Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI)
P O Box 1907
PORT MORESBY, NCD
Applications can also be submitted electronically to: Liyasi_Taligatus@treasury.org.pg or can also be hand delivered to the PNGEITI National Secretariat office located on the 8th Floor of The Treasury Building, Waigani. Application closes by 4:30pm on 4th February, 2019
Head of National Secretariat