This vacancy has been filled. The National Secretariat has recruited an Administrative Officer towards the end of January, 2020.
Terms of Reference
The PNG Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI) is an independent body established by the PNG Government to promote transparency and accountability of revenue it receives from the mining and Oil & Gas Sectors and how it spends these funds. PNGEITI is part of a global best practice standard known as the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) that promotes good governance in the extractive sector.
In EITI implementing countries, companies involved in the extractive natural wealth (oil, gas and minerals) industries are required to report on what they pay to the governments and governments are required to publish what they receive from these companies in a given financial year. These financial data are then reconciled by an independent administrator and are published in the annual EITI Reports for public information.
The PNGEITI is governed by the PNG Extractive Industries Multi-Stakeholder Group (MSG), comprising of representative from relevant government, civil society and industry companies. The Chair of the MSG is the Minster for Treasury. The PNGEITI National Secretariat is a small office responsible for providing technical and administrative support to the MSG by implementing the policy decisions and directives of the MSG
The PNGEITI National Secretariat is seeking to recruit a qualified person to fill the position of Administrative Officer
The position of Administration Officer of the Papua New Guinea Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI) exists to cover all aspects of PNGEITI’s Administration matters. The Administration Officer is also the Personal Assistant to the PNGEITI Head of National Secretariat and is responsible for liaising with the Director in organising all appointments, meetings and other engagements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Organise meetings, appointments, events and take minutes of meetings;
- Organise and coordinate travel and other logistical arrangements for secretariat staff, MSG and the technical working group;
- Maintain files, records and other office procedures (e.g., timesheets);
- Purchase, manage and maintain stationary supplies, equipment and assets
- for the office;
- Provide reception duties and secretarial support including; typing, copying and\ assistance with the preparation of written correspondences, briefs, minutes, memos and reports;
- Organise duty travels and logistical arrangements for Secretariat staff and members of the PNGMSG, both internally and externally;
- Provide overall administrative support to the PNGMSG, Technical Working Group (TWG), the Head of the National Secretariat and staff;
- Use a range of office software including email, spreadsheets and databases;
- Provide day to day secretarial and personal support to the Head of the National Secretariat; and
- Other corporate or administrative support as required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken;
- Well developed and demonstrated administrative skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (proficiency in relevant financial software is desirable);
- Educational Qualifications
- Diplomas or Higher Certificates in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, or related fields;
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience in Office Administration;
- Technical Expertise
- Some experience in organising staff travels and other logistical arrangements; and
- Hands on experience in organising meetings, conferences, workshops, trainings, etc.
Location, Pay and Condition:
- This position reports directly to the Head of the National Secretariat. The post is based in Port Moresby; and
- A competitive salary package will be offered based on experience and qualifications.
Applications are to include copies of; CV including details of two referees and academic qualifications to:
The Head of National Secretariat
PNG Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (PNGEITI)
C/- Structural Policy Division
Department of Treasury
P O Box 1907
Port Moresby, NCD
Applications can also be submitted electronically to: Christopher_Tabel@treasury.gov.pg
Head of National Secretariat